Sunday, January 10, 2010

My sister, pregnant

You may remember some photos of my nephew Kai from a few posts back...well this is his lovely momma, my sister Jenny. We took these photos this summer when we were all out at a cottage on Lake Michigan together...and she was gorgeously pregnant...and it was a COLD week for the middle of summer! But we braved a few 15 minute sessions on the beach for these photos, and even caught some blue sky when her husband Mark decided (more like was forced!) to join us. I think it was worth it!

I love photographing my sister. She was one of my first "models" a long time ago when I was messing around with fully manual cameras....and has been a willing participant in any crazy idea I've had since. I obviously love to photograph her because she's my sister...and because she is beautiful...but there is something more. She is, hands down, the most comfortable-in-her-skin, confident, non-fussy woman that I have ever taken pictures of.

You know how it is...most women (and I hate to stereotype here, but it's almost always true!) are ULTRA picky about photos of themselves. I am, too! Women seem to have strong feelings about certain parts of their body...and are also highly opinionated about what photos of themselves they like.

Not so with Jenny. She's un-fussy, enthusiastic, and beautiful beyond what she understands. Oh, and she laughs. So easily. So genuinely.

(I posted some of these to facebook awhile ago...not sure how many are coming from facebook to here, so if you've seen these already, apologies).














No comments:

Post a Comment