Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby E, 6 days old

I have photographed many newborns, but never a newborn as young as 6 days old. I was really wanting to practice with such a new baby--try out some poses that didn't require mom or dad holding the baby, focus mostly on sleeping pictures since that's mostly what newborns do. Good thing one of my best friends had a baby last week so I had a willing guinea pig!

Let me just say: I have a WHOLE new respect and awe for people that specialize in--and excel at--newborn photography. If you see a newborn photo with the baby alone, posed, calm, curled up just so--you better believe it took some serious work to make that image happen!

I am motivated to learn more and improve in the area of newborns--there were many poses that I was hoping to do that just didn't happen! I think we did get some good ones in the end---how could we not with such a good-looking baby? Thanks, Kate, for letting me spend the morning with your sweet boy!










No comments:

Post a Comment