Monday, August 2, 2010

The VS Family

I am SO far behind on blogging! Summer has slammed me....okay, so I have had a lot of shoots...but I've also been spending lots of time doing summer stuff with my girls, going to the beach, swimming, etc etc...so don't feel too bad for me! I just haven't been able to prioritize blogging. I'll catch up eventually, right?

I have a bunch of fun sessions I want to share with you! So these are no longer previews....oh well....I can still put them here, right?

This is a really fun family. The mom has been Rowan's pre-school teacher for the last two years. We're going to miss her so much this fall when Rowan is in kindergarten! She has just been the best teacher for Rowan....so loving and sensitive. I've also been able to work with the dad on a few projects for the GR Christian Schools--he is a talented graphic designer. He has a great eye for photography, so it is an honor for him to want ME to take their family photos!

I loved this shoot. It's a different thing to take pictures of teenagers and young adults as part a family unit...not a family with the under-5 kiddos. I don't have to spend any time chasing kids around, which is kind of nice, but I do have to figure out how to get genuine smiles. And affection from teen-aged siblings!

These guys were truly up for anything (even a parking garage!) and good-spirited throughout. Thanks for a super relaxed, fun evening!
















2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures, Laura. Some of your best family shots yet, for sure. Very unique and creative. Excellent lighting and the parking garage turned out to be a really sweet setting! Well done. Miss you guys.

    --Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics, Laura. I so wish we lived closer to have you photograph us.

    ReplyDelete